So, the first question you might have is why add an email pop-up to your Shopify store? Which is, honestly, a great question because you don’t want to do anything to your online store just because it seems like every other store is doing it.
The quickest answer is email popups, along with an email subscription call-to-action (like the one below), gets people on your email list.
And email is still king of sales conversion and marketing. (Just look at this article by Forbes, which shares that “email marketing still promises to deliver the highest ROI of all marketing channels—$42 back for every dollar you spend.” Not bad.)
Okay, so now on to how to add a free, easy and beautiful email pop for Shopify:
1. In your Shopify account, click on Apps and type “rivo email popup” in search bar. Side note, I have no affiliation with Rivo. Just tried several free apps, and I like that this one is free, easy and super customizable (which is super helpful when you want things to look good).
2. Click on the Email Popup app by Rivo. Click Add App > then Install App.
3. This will bring you to the Rivo dashboard. Click “Send us a message,” or click the message icon in the right bottom corner.
4. Ask their customer service to add the “custom CSS widget.” (You can also ask them to remove the app branding “powered by rivo.”)
5. Click green “Edit Popup” button, or click “Opt-in Popup” from the left menu.
6. Click Styles tab. If you have the Casual Sundays theme, follow steps 7 through 10. This will style everything automatically for you. If you don’t have this theme, you can change the fonts and colors here under the style tab. (Bonus points, if you know CSS, you can code your own styles!)
7. For those with the Casual Sundays theme. Scroll down to bottom of the styles tab. The custom CSS widget should appear here.
8. Copy and paste all of the code from Casual Sundays Popup Code.txt (Make sure to get it all, or it won’t work!)
9. Click “Save” in the upper right corner.
10. Under “Background Image,” drag and drop whatever image you would like to use. Change image “Position” to Right.
11. Click save again. Awesome! Styling complete!
12. On the “Modal” tab, choose whatever settings you want for your website.
13. Now toggle the Popup Status switch to “ON” to activate.
Congrats! Your email popup is live and ready to go!